If oil and gas resources are present on a property, the land/mineral owner has a range of opportunities to generate wealth from exploration and development activities. While others are available to assist you with certain aspects of mineral (oil and gas) management, few can provide Argent’s expertise and comprehensive range of oil and gas services.
At Argent, our experienced professionals assist and protect you, the mineral owner, through every phase of the oil and gas exploration and development process to ensure that your revenue opportunities and property rights are maximized and protected. From seismic testing and lease negotiation to royalty accounting and long-range mineral planning, Argent Mineral Management (AMM) walks you through every step of the process.
With Argent as an ally, you receive the benefit of:
- • The expertise and experience of a professional staff with decades of oil and gas management experience,
- • The information network and negotiating skills gained by managing thousands of properties in 30 states,
- • The technological edge of a state-of-the-art, proprietary well production monitoring and accounting system, and
- • A personal relationship with a local advisory team.
A lease is the most important document for a property owner in the entire mineral exploration and production process. It is the contract that determines activity and revenue for the life of the well. If specific needs and terms are not addressed in the lease, an individual or company could be at a disadvantage for as long as the well is in production.
Aside from the lease, there are other contractual agreements that landowners enter into that can affect their property. Argent combines experience, research, and technology to provide contract negotiation services that are second to none. Each contract is tailored to meet the specific needs of the client, protect specific aspects of each property and secure the most profitable terms for the collection of royalties.
Argent uses a state-of-the-art accounting and audit system that verifies interest decimals and conducts monthly payor audits to ensure timely and accurate payment. We also provide specialized 1099 verification and summary reports that greatly simplify tax reporting and preparation.
Companies that distribute revenue to royalty owners issue division orders prior to payment. Division orders can be confusing. AMM analyzes and verifies all division orders to ensure accurate payment for our clients. Since 2007, AMM has recovered over $21 million in revenue for our clients.
Managing mineral assets can be complicated. Making the best decisions involves understanding the constantly changing property market, evaluating oil and gas industry trends, managing documents and productivity reports, and adjusting quickly to new market conditions—all of which is time consuming. And since agreements executed without professional expertise and assistance often place the landowner at a disadvantage, opportunities and profits may be lost.
At Argent, we have the staff, resources and experience to help you become an informed decision maker. We are there to continually assist you in monitoring everything from royalty payments to production reports, protecting you from costly mistakes. We are also able to monitor your broader financial interests, allowing you to take full advantage of opportunities that are not generally available to the average landowner.
Our expertise and resources allow Argent to customize mineral leasing and management programs to fit individual needs. Argent clients generally fall into one of four categories:
- Landowners who have inherited a significant amount of land or mineral interests, but have neither the time, interest or experience to manage these assets
- Landowners who have managed their land and minerals on their own for many years, but who are now looking for qualified experts to manage those assets for the benefit of their children and to ensure the security and productivity of the land in the future
- Landowners who have little, if any, experience with oil and gas production, but who have recently been approached by an exploration company and are unsure what steps to take next
- Managers responsible for the oil and gas assets of large companies, charities, banks or other organizations, and who have financial or accounting credentials, but lack the time and expertise to properly safeguard their clients’ interests and need professional assistance
Knowing what one owns is essential to managing property well. Property owners often have some understanding of the surface that is owned, but many times do not have a complete, updated or accurate listing of mineral interest ownership. Many times landowners have claim to mineral interests for which they are not being credited. If these mineral interests are located in a producing unit, the results could be costly.
Additionally, we actively monitor lease schedules to track acreage that might be available to lease. We routinely generate customized maps of client properties that detail well locations, units, open and leased acreage (including depths), operators, well serial numbers, etc. Let an Argent advisor work to solidify your investment.