Money Matters: January 2018
By Chuck Dudley
Setting Your Intentions for a Great 2018
The calendar has turned one more time. The eldest of us are reminded what our elders have always said……that the longer we live the faster time seems to go. It surely seems to be the truth these days.
As many do, I have a daily thought wheel that offers sayings and wisdom for the day.
For this January, it’s good to start with positivity and thoughtfulness.
Here are a lot of the sayings and wisdom I like, and maybe you will be able to find one that fits for you and helps you set your intention for 2018.
- •I’d rather be a hammer than a nail.
- •The Extra Mile is always the loneliest
- •The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, the next best time is today
- •TANSTAAFL…..There Ain’t No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
- •Plan ahead, it wasn’t raining when Noah built the Ark
- •A ship is safe in a harbor, but that’s not what ships are built for
- •Fix the Roof……..Now
- •Luck follows effaht…..the late Frank Broyles
- •Laugh. Take time for thought. Be moved to tears. That’s a pretty good day
- •There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life
- •The highest reward for a man’s toil is not what he gets for it, but what he becomes by it
- •One must never be in haste to end a day; there are too few of them in a lifetime
- •The really happy person is the one who can enjoy the scenery when he has to take a detour
- •Skill to do comes of doing
- •Don’t be content with being average. Average is as close to the bottom as it is to the top
- •A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds
- •One more thing I know: the only ones among you who will really be happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve
- •To be trusted is a greater compliment than to be loved
- •The butterfly counts not months but moments and yet has time enough
- •Those who don’t read have no advantage over those who can’t………
- •There are 4 steps to accomplishment: Plan purposely. Prepare prayerfully. Proceed positively. Pursue persistently.
- •On this Day: Mend a quarrel. Search out a forgotten friend. Dismiss a suspicion and replace it with trust.
- •There is no future in any job. The future lies in the man who holds the job
- •Every man should have a fair-sized cemetery in which to bury the faults of his friends………
- •A real leader faces the music even when he doesn’t like the tune
- •The rules for parents are but three………Love, Limit, and let them be!
- •Don’t regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
- •When you meet a man, you judge him by his clothes; when you leave, you judge him by his heart
- •What do we live for if not to make the world less difficult for each other?
- •It’s extremely difficult to lead further than you have gone yourself
- •Anger does as much damage to the vessel it is stored in as it does to anything it is poured upon
- •In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock
- •Great occasions for serving God come seldom, but little ones surround us daily
- •You can’t appreciate home till you’ve left it, or Old Glory till you see it hanging on a broomstick on the shanty of a consul in a foreign town
- •A woman who has never seen her husband fishing doesn’t know what a patient man she married!
Hope There Was Something for You There
Of course there a so many more that could be written, but most people’s attention span is usually done by now!!
Best wishes to everyone for a healthy and prosperous 2018.
We are afforded a new start when the calendar turns over each December 31st. It’s up to us to make the best of it. Here’s to hoping you make the best of all the opportunities that come your way.
Now…………let’s get to work helping each other!
If you really want to make sure you have right ideas for moving forward in a positive manner, we will listen. We’ve been able to help families and businesses learn to use money wisely, and we’d like to help you too. We would be honored to visit with you about how to help you and your business. My number is 501-318-0010, or you can send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An hour of your time spent analyzing your situation might make a lifetime of difference
Arkansas Insurance Producer # 1005698
That’s all for this month! If you’ve enjoyed what you read, please share Money Matters with a friend, family member or loved one.
Contact Chuck Dudley at (501) 318-0010 or email@example.com.