Argent Family Wealth Services (AFWS) is a specialized team within Argent delivering services for complex wealth management and wealth planning situations.
High net worth and ultra-high net worth families seek out Argent for our holistic approach to wealth management. Our expertise is built on 30+ years administering all manner of trusts and managing investments, both within and outside of trusts. Beyond the technical work of managing our clients’ finances, we also provide “softer services,” including legacy planning—that is, preparing heirs to receive inheritances—and planning for charitable giving.
Individuals and families with significant wealth typically have highly unique or complex situations. For these clients, the AFWS team of wealth strategists offer in-depth experience performing chief financial officer type services as an extension of a client’s family business or family office. That work typically involves integrated services to facilitate income tax and estate tax planning and business consultations, layered on top of our already robust trust, investment management, legacy planning and philanthropic services.
The AFWS team’s objective in each client relationship is to strategically grow, preserve and pass on family wealth and support succession of legacy business interests.
The AFWS Strategic Core Team
The team is led by Dut LeBlanc, Executive Vice President of Argent Financial Group. Dut is a retired tax partner and board member with KPMG, one of the “Big Four” international accounting and professional services firms. Dut has worked with high-net worth families and businesses for over 40 years.
Core team members of AFWS are Mark Hartnett, who has two decades of experience assisting families with family governance, heir education and mentoring and legacy planning; Sam McGarr, who serves as a senior wealth strategist and also has over 40 years of professional experience; and Russ Allsup, who serves as a wealth strategist and has over a decade of professional experience.
Each of these members has a reputation of providing trusted counsel to clients in their current and previous professional endeavors and working with client advisors to formulate and execute the client’s plans. The team works throughout the Argent network supporting clients across all of Argent’s footprint.
Our Wider Team of Professionals:
According to the specific needs of each client relationship, the core AFWS team works with various professionals in the network to provide these and other services:
- Tim Barrett, SVP, Trust Counsel – Louisville
- Brooks Campany, Regional Manager – Oxford, MS
- Jon Daubert, SVP – San Antonio
- Vicki Heroy, VP – Shreveport, LA
- Chris Kelly, Market President – Nashville
- John McCollum, Chief Investment Officer – Atlanta
- Michael Nutter, SVP – Dallas
- Mike Romero, Market President – Oklahoma City
- Deidre Waltz, VP – Oklahoma City
Examples of situations in which our AFWS strategic core team can assist:
- Development, review, and execution of complex estate plans having diverse property interests (in coordination with your legal and accounting professionals)
- Strategic operational and/or succession planning for closely held businesses including advisory board formation
- Acquisitions and dispositions of business interests to ensure that income, estate and gift tax planning are considered
- Review of financial compilations and models for complex family entity structures to improve decision-making in the deploying family and business capital
- New joint venture business pursuits, such as reviewing and providing commentary on operating agreements and financial projection models
- Review and advise on passive business investments
- Development of family governance structure and education programming to prepare heirs for both inheritance of wealth and their future role within a family’s wealth management framework
Contact one of the individuals linked above or fill out the contact form on this page to begin a conversation about how AFWS can serve your wealth management needs.