Russ is a wealth strategist with Argent Trust Company. In this role, he focuses on providing practical planning services tailored for the unique situations of ultra-high-net-worth clients. This planning involves the development and execution of comprehensive wealth, business, and estate planning strategies that facilitate long-term succession planning of financial assets, legacy business interests, and property holdings to enhance the allocation and employment of family capital resources. Such planning mitigates potential operational, financial, and tax planning inefficiencies that would otherwise diminish wealth accumulation and preservation. This may take the form of refining a preexisting planning structure or the design implementation of a planning structure de novo through coordination with other planning advisors.
Russ is a member of Argent’s specialized Family Wealth Services team. This group meets the demand in the wealth management industry for substantive, value-add services. Clients have communicated that there is a dearth of seasoned professionals who possess a requisite broad base of technical knowledge covering different planning disciplines and industries to satisfy client demand for holistic wealth planning. Such services include projects and engagements covering the following:
- Entity structuring and financial modeling of business and investment entities;
- Income and transfer tax planning, including long-term forecasting;
- The overlay and application of unique industry considerations;
- Long-term liquidity planning involving leverage and cashflow variables;
- Technical reports and memoranda applying technical considerations to specific facts to provide practical planning approaches;
- Analysis of capital deployment for private investment decisions; and
- Application of global and domestic investment capital trends.
Before joining Argent, Russ was a Tax Managing Director at KPMG, LLP, where he spent thirteen years providing professional advisory services. He oversaw income tax planning, financial analysis, and financial reporting services to clients of all stripes—public companies, private equity, closely-held businesses, and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. Russ has industry experience in real estate, timber and wood products, manufacturing, oil and gas exploration and midstream, chemicals, transportation and logistics, telecommunications, restaurants, and hospitality.
Russ serves as a deacon at Heritage Baptist Church in Shreveport. He serves on the board of Red River STEM.