The Operations Accountant role reports directly to the Operations Accounting Manager. The role will have responsibilities related to both our Tax and Fee teams. Tax duties will primarily consist of the preparation and accuracy of various tax related forms/returns. Process daily tax activities such as tax withholdings, account updates, cost basis changes, wash sales adjustments. The Fee duties will consist of ensuring proper calculations of client fees, reporting collected revenues to our corporate accounting group, and assist in the production of management revenue reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review newly established accounts are properly setup to produce correct tax reporting and accurate fee revenue calculations
- Provide quality assurance on day-to-day processes and year-end reporting which directly impacts tax reporting and filings
- Will assist with the daily tax withholding reconciliation and IRS payments
- Reviews closing account documentation to determine tax reserves needed for payment of federal, state, and local income taxes and tax service fees
- Process fee invoice payments & monitor outstanding fee receivables
- Work with other team members to close our monthly revenue collections and produce revenue reports to submit to Corporate Accounting
- Assist management in tracking and reporting on the Operation Department’s overall budget and expense payments
- Additional responsibilities as required
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Helpful to have experience on FIS AddVantage or Thomson Reuters Onesource
- Well organized with ability to focus on details
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Good command of Microsoft office products, especially Excel
- Works well in a team setting
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, and weekends as requested by management.
- Some travel may be required.
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org