Trust Operations Staff Accountant
Responsible for assisting with oversight of the preparation and accuracy of various tax related forms/returns. Will research tax issues and collaborate with clients, wealth advisors, portfolio managers and other department staff to resolve tax issues and notices. In addition to the tax responsibilities, the position will also support fee processing for client accounts and assist in creating and validating revenue reports. The fee position will have direct interaction with the corporate accounting department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies federal, state and local tax laws to ensure all tax compliance and filing requirements are timely completed.
- Review of assigned account transactions for accurate tax code assignments and account coding.
- Reviews new account opening documentation and sets the appropriate coding in the accounting and tax system.
- Reviews closing account documentation to determine tax reserves needed for payment of federal, state, and local income taxes and tax service fees
- Responds to and resolves notices received by federal, state and local taxing authorities.
- Stays current with tax law changes and application to assigned account assignment.
- Responsible for the review and system updates for tax and fee quality control reports.
- Produce various revenue reports for corporate accounting related to trust revenue.
- Process and report fee payments from clients for fee receivables.
- Work with all parties involved in the establishment and processing of fee schedules within the accounting system for revenue calculations.
- Additional responsibilities as required
Credentials and Experience:
- College degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA designation not required.
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, and weekends as requested by management.
- Some travel may be required.
Submit resumes to email@example.com