Tax Team Supervisor
The Tax Team Supervisor will ensure compliance with IRS and State regulations related to US tax reporting and tax filing requirements. This position will be responsible for the review, preparation, and filing of IRA-related tax forms including Forms 1099R and 5498. This role will also ensure Required Minimum Distributions are accurately calculated and will prepare RMD letters for IRA account holders. The Tax Team Supervisor will work closely with our tax vendor in the preparation of consolidated Form 1099 and related tax worksheets for trust accounts. The Tax Team Supervisor will manage daily tax operations activities such as tax withholdings, account setting updates, cost basis changes, & wash sales adjustments. This position will be tasked with providing guidance and instruction to tax team members.
The position will be based at Argent’s offices located in Birmingham, Alabama and reports directly to the Operations Accounting Manager. A hybrid work schedule is available after an introductory period.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee IRA tax document preparation including Forms 1099R and 5498
- Review IRA transactions for accurate coding throughout the year to ensure proper tax reporting.
- Responsible for accurate and timely RMD calculations
- File IRA tax documents with the IRS and various States
- Provide quality assurance on day-to-day processes and year-end tax reporting.
- Oversee the federal & state withholding process, which includes daily tax payments and year-end filing of Form 945
- Resolve complex tax-related issues.
- Ensure Tax IDs and corresponding names match IRS database utilizing the TIN Matching program.
- Work closely with tax vendors to ensure accurate tax reporting for non-IRA accounts.
- Identify areas of improvement & optimize existing tax processes.
- Support client acquisition projects
- Answer tax questions from front office administrators related to IRAs and trust accounts.
- Responsible for providing support and guidance to tax team members.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance Required
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance Preferred
- CPA or testing for the CPA exam is Preferred.
- 3 years of relevant tax experience
- Helpful to have experience on FIS AddVantage or Thomson Reuters Onesource
- Well organized with the ability to focus on details.
- Great analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Great command of Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Leadership skills
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com