Relationship Management Associate (OKC)
As members of the Heritage Trust team, employees within the Relationship Manager Support staff are responsible for the accurate and timely administration for both personal and agency trust accounts, including retirement, probated-estate, and any other account sub-type requiring special regulation and administration. In general support of Heritage Trust client relationships, a Relationship Manager Support employee maintains trust account records and other documentation by performing all scheduled documentation reviews and updates and all routine records compliance activities. In specific support of Heritage Account Relationship Managers, updates all client documentation when informed directly by client or by Relationship Manager, responds appropriately and professionally to client inquiries, and collaborates with Relationship Managers in support of client account retention and new client acquisition. In developing additional trust business, assists in presentations, and involves and coordinates other staff so that Heritage Trust presentations demonstrate its full expertise and provide only current and accurate information.
All Relationship Manager Support employees fulfill a highly visible and active role in achieving Heritage Trust’s goal of keeping the client at the center of our business and demonstrating professional excellence at all times.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- As a member of the Relationship Manager Support staff, performs or oversees performance of all client account administration, including timely and accurate documentation and routine compliance requirements for both personal and agency trust accounts. Monitors client-account documentation during periods of high activity to ensure prompt and accurate record keeping.
- Interacts with other Heritage Trust staff and with external professionals to ensure complete day-to-day administration of client accounts, performs or oversees transaction processing, handles inquiry resolution not requiring Relationship Manager’s authority. As required, manages confidential communication of client account details required by expert Heritage Trust staff.
- Maintains ongoing communication with clients and explores and identifies opportunities to provide improvements in client account processes or additional account services. Prepares client information packages and participates in meetings with, and presentations to, Heritage Trust clients.
- Responsible for new account setup, scheduling, oversight and documentation for both regular and special (or discretionary) distributions of funds, regular and timely client account reviews.
- Documents services as provided, specialized procedures, and ongoing written communications with client as appropriate to account administration.
- Acquires and maintains an up-to-date understanding of relevant tax law and legal and regulatory requirements applicable to trust administration in order to professionally administer accounts and to assist in resolving client questions controlled by the trust agreement.
- Gains and maintains an understanding of the processes used to invest assets and of Heritage Trust’s basic investment philosophy and investment decision procedures. Relates the Heritage Trust approach to each account situation and coordinates with external portfolio managers as necessary.
- Collaborates with Relationship Manager in oversight of assigned accounts with an understanding of both fiduciary concepts and individual client circumstances.
- Assists Relationship Manager in developing achievable goals for new trust business through both new client accounts and expanded services to existing clients. Achievable goals to be determined through realistic assessments of Heritage Trust’s market opportunity and of the client relationship team’s marketing time and resources.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of various trust industry IT applications as critical to trust administration.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelors’ Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field. Some experience of trust services a plus.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Proven analytical skills; problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and handle multiple priorities while maintaining a high level of service to both internal and external clients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate with and work effectively with diverse groups of people, managing conflict, negotiation for results and developing working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to maintain a professional, customer service-oriented attitude at all times.
- Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential information and materials.
- Must have the flexibility and willingness to work on occasional evenings and weekends when required.
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org