IT Systems Specialist
- Troubleshoot and support local network, remote office networks, and WAN connections between them
- Assist with updating/maintaining current: policies, procedures and other documentation
- Maintain and troubleshoot servers, firewalls, PC’s and network appliances
- Monitor Firewall logs
- Maintain and troubleshoot critical software
- Monitor backup applications
- Monitor and maintain anti-virus, anti-spam and patch management applications
- Assist with user onboarding
- Maintain phone system, including moving phones, setting up voice mail, and training
- Maintain other equipment, including mobile devices and AV equipment
- Assist with planning and preparing and implementing new projects
- Perform current state analysis of client systems, provide documentation and recommendations based on project scope
- Assist with Installation and configuration of enterprise-level software
- Effectively troubleshoot software issues, and perform research for resolution
Other duties as assigned by management
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs any and all other duties assigned by supervisor for which the employee is qualified and physically able to perform with or without reasonable accommodations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in C.I.S. or Computer Science from an accredited college or university; or equivalent education/experience in the computer science or networking field. Experience in LAN and WAN. Extensive experience with personal computers and software applications, including Microsoft Office and other programs in use by AFG. Managerial experience and extensive knowledge of Windows Server environment. Knowledge of VMware, Citrix, Exchange Server, Firewalls, SQL, and VOIP systems. Experience in extensive IT Audits.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively in one-on-one and small group situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and practical problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sedentary work that involves sitting most of the time; employee exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to loft, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Walking and standing are infrequently required.
Clarity of vision at less than 20 inches, with or without correction.
Ability to clearly express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, and to receive detailed information through verbal communication, with or without correction.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Inside work for the most part; normal office equipment. Employee may occasionally spend time outside the office; may drive a vehicle and be exposed to weather and temperature fluctuations.