Investment Operations Analyst
This position will be responsible for supporting portfolio management activities, including the facilitation of trade execution. The position requires consistent availability during market hours, a solid understanding of portfolio management systems, ongoing communications with the portfolio management team, and continual efforts to develop and maintain efficient and robust portfolio management systems within the context of a strong control environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for client web portal access: setup, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Participates in projects to support or enhance the portfolio management processes and systems.
- Participates in projects related to the design and installation of additional systems for which the Investment Operations department has oversight.
- Provides support in the design, creation, and maintenance for performance reporting, composite management, and client report packages.
- Participates in training both employees and clients on the utilization of systems and reports used by Investments.
- Reviews daily the data within the systems such as security classification, pricing, and error reports for accuracy and customization.
- Support role in trading responsibilities to include the receipt, monitoring, and organizing of trades that have been input into the portfolio management system and the transmission of trades to appropriate destinations for execution. Scope includes managing all activity on a centralized trading desk as well as trades from model providers, monitoring of open orders, and working with operations to resolve settlement problems.
- Works in conjunction with oversight committees and management to provide the necessary reports regarding information from Investment Operations or the systems maintained by Investment Operations.
- Participates in calls with technology partners regarding investment, performance, and portfolio management related items/issues as well as any other systems for which the Investment Operations department has oversight.
- Acts as a System Administrator for systems that the Investment Operations department has oversight.
- As necessary, participates in conversions associated with the performance reporting and portfolio management system when new parts of the organization are integrated.
- Performs other duties assigned for which the employee is qualified and physically able to perform with or without reasonable accommodations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have strong mathematical and analytical skills, be organized and detail-oriented, be able to communicate complicated matters in a clear and concise manner, be risk-conscious, and demonstrate sound judgment in a professional demeanor. The successful candidate should possess basic knowledge of financial markets and financial instruments.
Education & Experience:
- Required: Undergraduate education in Finance or Accounting or significant related experience
- Required: Organized, detail-oriented, and skilled at multi-tasking within tight deadlines
- Required: Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Required: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Required: Ability to work independently and seek guidance as necessary
- Required: Ownership and responsibility for meeting conflicting deadlines and accomplishing goals
- Preferred: 2+ years of experience in an Operations, Custodian, Trust Company, or Investment Firm environment performing processing, settlements, pricing, trading, security master management, and/or reconciliation tasks
- Preferred: Working knowledge of performance reporting processes and portfolio management systems
- Preferred: Experience with and participation in technology conversions as a member of the conversion team
- Preferred Systems Experience: Envestnet, Black Diamond, FIS AddVantage
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com