Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1| Understand and apply the Internal Audit Plan and methodology to identify meaningful issues, risks, and other exposures in the areas being audited.
2| Work as a team member on audit projects performing assigned walkthroughs and control tests. Complete audit program assignments and continuous monitoring in an objective, timely and professional manner in support of the annual audit plan and audit priorities.
3| Responsible for ensuring testing is thorough and accurate allowing the auditor to validate adherence to company policy and procedure, operating controls, audit methodologies, and applicable rules and regulations.
4| Utilize business systems, applications, and other audit tools to perform work efficiently. Create basic queries and ad hoc reports as requested by the Audit Manager or Chief Audit Executive.
5| Provide information regarding testing observations, results, and conclusions in sufficient detail for the Audit Manager to draft audit reports for projects completed.
6| Maintain and develop good working relations with all levels of staff and management, ensuring valued partnership with all lines of business.
7| Identify and communicate potential issues and opportunities for audit efficiencies and process improvement to the Audit Manager.
8| Accountable for quality work paper documentation including understanding key risks and controls aligning to audit test objectives and conclusions. Maintain detailed work paper documentation, including appropriate cross-referencing notes, for all audits conducted.
9| Assist with developing recommendations for improving internal controls to promote accurate processing of transactions, safeguarding and protection of assets, prevention of fraud, and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
10| Participate in training to earn/maintain CFIRS designation and to remain current with emerging fiduciary issues and audit techniques.
11| Perform other duties as required, consistent with the goals, objectives, and responsibilities of the internal audit department and with the approval of the Master Audit Committee.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs any and all other duties assigned by Audit Manager and/or Chief Audit Executive for which the employee is qualified and physically able to perform with or without reasonable accommodations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education, Designations or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field (Accounting degree preferred); and
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in fiduciary activities; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Desired Specific Knowledge, Skills, Licenses, Certifications, etc:
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and/or Certified Fiduciary & Investment Risk Specialist (CFIRS)
- Experience in documenting electronic audit work papers in a commonly known Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) platform
- Basic knowledge or general understanding of governmental regulations and industry practices pertaining to the following areas: SOC reporting, Investment Management/Portfolio Management practices, Personal Trust Administration, Employee Benefit Administration, Corporate Trust Administration, Conflicts of Interest and Operations
Language and Communications Skills:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and/or governmental regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, writing, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and exchange ideas in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees, regulators, and committees.
- Ability to define problems, gather and analyze information skillfully, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions in a timely manner.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and practical problems.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work well with others and assist others in working through problems rationally and objectively.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness with the ability to monitor own work to ensure quality and apply feedback to improve performance
- Ability to meet productivity standards and complete work in a timely manner.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Consistently be present at work, follow instructions, respond to management direction, and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sedentary work that involves repetitive motions of the wrists, hands, fingers and sitting most of the time. Walking and standing are infrequently required.
- Employee exerts up to 10 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to loft, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Clarity of vision at less than 20 inches, with or without correction.
- Ability to clearly express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, and to receive detailed information through verbal communication, with or without correction.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Inside work for the most part.
- Normal office equipment is used.
- Employee may be required to travel on occasion.
- May drive a vehicle and be exposed to weather and temperature fluctuations.
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org