Job Description: At Argent, the Trust Assistant position requires the person to provide general and clerical administrative support to an individual and/or the department as a group and acts as a liaison between clients and trust officers while fostering positive client relations.
This position reports directly to Market President to support the activities of the local market. This position is salaried, non-exempt. The Trust Assistant will be required to accurately report time worked. All overtime must be pre-approved.
Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana
- • Manages the reception area and greet visitors, clients, centers of influence and prospects. Ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
- • Coordinates the usage of all meeting rooms.
- • Supervises the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, fax machine, postage meter, shredding etc.
- • Manage and order all office supplies and order bulk stationery products
- • Coordinates travel arrangements for officers and staff members
- • Maintains a very high level of confidentiality in all matters related to internal and external clients, prospects and centers of influence.
- • Provide administrative and clerical support for Trust Officer(s) including, but not limited to, trust transactions (disbursements, income, etc.), preparation of correspondence as requested, preparation of discretionary request documentation for Trust Committee, preparation and/or facilitation of maintenance for special assets.
- • Opening, closing and maintenance of accounts, including administrative annual reviews
- • Monitoring of cash balances for overdrafts or large balances
- • Coordination of tax reporting; some bookkeeping and general ledger inputting
- • Perform research, documentation and database input as requested
- • Preparation of client and marketing presentations
- • Corresponds with clients, centers of influence and prospects while maintaining a professional yet personable level of communication and interaction
- • Handles routine questions from clients
- • Maintaining excellent and well-organized records and files
- • May attend meetings with officer(s) as necessary; record minutes of those meetings
- • Ensure employees’ milestones are coordinated with Market President for recognition
- *Additional duties as required
- • Undergraduate degree preferred
- • Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- • Ability to work independently and with a team
- • Positive attitude
- • Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels
- • Attend to details while maintaining a big picture orientation
- • Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- • Strong technology / computer skills including Excel, PowerPoint and MS Office
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- • Depending on the assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations.
- • The ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10 – 50 pounds.
- • Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information.
- • Clarity of vision at less than 20 inches, with or without correction.
Position Type – Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is inside work for the most part; operating normal office equipment. In addition, work outside the office may be required. Employee may occasionally spend time outside the office; may drive a vehicle and be exposed to weather and temperature fluctuations.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.