Position Summary: Responsible for various duties within the Investment Operations Department with primary functions relating to the administration of the portfolio management and performance reporting systems.
Location: San Antonio, TX
- Works in conjunction with committees and management to provide the necessary reports on a monthly basis regarding information from Investment Operations or the systems maintained by Investment Operations.
- Participates in projects to enhance the use of the portfolio management system to increase efficiency for our portfolio managers and better outcomes for our clients.
- Participates in projects related to the design and installation of additional systems for which the Investment Operations department has oversight.
- Performance reporting and composite management maintenance responsibility.
- Participates in ongoing training associated with the use of the portfolio management and performance systems across the company.
- As necessary, participates in conversions associated with the performance reporting and portfolio management system when new parts of the organization are integrated.
- Reviews daily the data within the systems for which the Investment Operations department has oversight.
- Categorizes securities in the systems for which the Investment Ops Department has oversight.
- Supports internal personnel with the design, creation, and maintenance of report packages for client use.
- Supports administrative officers and / or portfolio managers with due diligence reviews and other reporting as necessary.
- Participates in calls with technology partners regarding investment, performance, and portfolio management related items/issues as well as any other systems for which the Investment Operations department has oversight.
- Acts as a System Administrator for systems that the Investment Operations department has oversight.
- Trading responsibilities include trading of all securities on a centralized trading desk that are directed as well as trades from model providers, monitoring of open orders, and working with operations to resolve settlement problems.
- Supports common trust fund processing function, as well as annual common trust fund audits.
- Performs any and all other duties assigned for which the employee is qualified and physically able to perform with or without reasonable accommodations.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education or Experience:
- • Required: Undergraduate education in Finance or Accounting or significant related experience
- • Required: Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- • Required: Organized, detail-oriented, and skilled at multi-tasking within tight deadlines
- • Required: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- • Required: Ability to work independently and seek guidance as necessary
- • Required: Ownership and responsibility for meeting conflicting deadlines and accomplishing goals
- • Preferred: 2+ years of experience in an Operations, Custodian, Trust Company, or Investment Firm environment performing processing, settlements, pricing, trading, security master management, and/or reconciliation tasks
- • Preferred: Working knowledge of performance reporting processes and portfolio management systems
- • Preferred: Experience with and participation in technology conversions as a member of the conversion team
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to clearly and effectively write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to operate general office equipment; ability to operate personal computer and general knowledge of computer systems; proficiency in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; understanding of equity and fixed income securities.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sedentary work, requiring repetitive motions; employee exerts up to 10 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Walking and standing are infrequently required.
Ability to clearly express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, and to receive detailed information through verbal communication, with or without correction.
Clarity of vision at distances of 20 inches or less, with or without correction.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Inside work for the most part; normal office equipment. Employee may occasionally spend time outside the office; may drive a vehicle and be exposed to weather and temperature fluctuations. In addition, work outside the office may be required.
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.