Job Summary: Individual will primarily be responsible for supervising the Argent Trust Tax Department and providing secondary support for the fee department. The position will be based at Argent’s offices located in Birmingham, Alabama. Responsibilities will encompass in-sourced and out-sourced client tax document review and production. Individual will be expected to be a knowledge-based resource for tax-related questions to wealth advisors, portfolio managers and other department staff. In addition to the tax oversight, the individual will assist with revenue reporting to corporate accounting.
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
- • Responsible for tax software systems and procedures related to the Tax Department.
- • Applies federal, state and local tax laws to ensure all tax compliance and filing requirements are completed timely.
- • Provide quality control oversight for account setup and transaction processing to ensure accurate end of year tax reporting.
- • Responsible for the prompt payment for client tax payments to the various governmental agencies.
- • Responds to and resolves notices received by federal, state and local taxing authorities.
- • Stays current with tax law changes and application to assigned account assignment.
- • Serve as the primary contact with tax vendor.
- • Produce various revenue reports for corporate accounting related to trust revenue.
- • Interact with the fee department to satisfy any fee discrepancies or issues.
- • Additional responsibilities as required.
Credentials and Experience:
- • College degree in Accounting, Finance or business related field
- • Five years related fiduciary tax experience
- • Experience with tax returns
- • Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
Skills and Competencies:
- • Good communication skills necessary to communicate with Professionals inside and outside the firm.
- • Well versed in fiduciary tax law and IRS regulations.
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.