Position Summary: The Business Analyst role is to develop and maintain efficient processes for reporting that is necessary for the ongoing management of Argent. The role will include report creation and design, programming for efficient delivery and analysis for recommendations.
- • Develop and manage a comprehensive program for the delivery of Business Intelligence Dashboards that will be used by the management of the company to drive decision making processes.
- • Maintain close alignment with all customers of the Management Reporting and Data Mining teams to ensure their reporting requirements are being met (i.e. Management, Operations, Compliance, Sales/Marketing, Finance, etc.)
- • Liaise with IT and Operations to manage process of data mapping, data testing, etc.
- • Work closely with IT to drive database optimization for financial reporting improvements and automation
- • Support ad-hoc vs. standard management reporting process to help determine when repetitive ad-hoc requests should be included as standard reporting
- • Drive the creation and maintenance of process documentation for activities which reside within team to drive standardization and best practices
- • Perform various ad-hoc assignments
- • Key focus on eliminating manual reporting activity through system automation
- • Assess current state reporting activities and develop robust solutions to automate and optimize
- • Write VBA code, macros, and SQL queries to extract, manipulate, and distribute data
- • Apply professional judgment based on the analysis of quantitative data and information. Screen, categorize, and resolve data integrity issues
- • Implement business requirements for analytical reporting and analyses along with ensuring appropriate security measures are adhered to
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education or Experience:
- • Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, related technical field, or equivalent work experience
- • 3+ years of relevant work experience in analytics, data engineering, business intelligence or related field
- • Experience using SQL queries, experience in writing and optimizing SQL queries in a business environment
- • Experience in data visualization software (Tableau/Qlikview) or open-source project
- • Expert Excel and Access user
- • Strong ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- • Demonstrated experience delivering actionable insights for a consumer business
- • Previous experience with financial metrics and cost/benefit analysis
- • SQL expertise
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- • Organized, detail oriented & skilled at multi-tasking within tight deadlines required
- • Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- • Ability to work independently and seek guidance as necessary
- • Ownership and responsibility for meeting conflicting deadlines and accomplishing goals
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to transcribe dictations, make appointments and process mail. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to operate general office equipment; ability to operate personal computer and general knowledge of computer systems; proficiency in use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Knowledge of Stocks and Fixed Income.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sedentary work, requiring repetitive motions; employee exerts up to 10 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Walking and standing are infrequently required.
Ability to clearly express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, and to receive detailed information through verbal communication, with or without correction.
Clarity of vision at distances of 20 inches or less, with or without correction.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Inside work for the most part; normal office equipment. Employee may occasionally spend time outside the office; may drive a vehicle and be exposed to weather and temperature fluctuations. In addition, work outside the office may be required.
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.