DON’T BE LIKE SEINFELD
The sitcom ‘Seinfeld’ was a classic comedy, at least to me. There was one episode that had to do with mental toughness. Jerry was heckled at a show by a girl, and it didn’t go well. Jerry confronted the girl after the show, and she said “I don’t know how you are going to make it as a comic if you can’t take it!!”.
Of course this didn’t sit well. George Costanza suggested that he go to HER office and heckle her while working…….Of course Jerry did, the girl got flustered, ran out into the street and lost her pinkie toe in an accident.
Neither Seinfeld nor the girl were mentally tough in that episode.
We might relate to Seinfeld, or not. But we do need mental toughness to survive in our world. We need mental toughness to stick with our plans. And a lot of mental toughness to make sure we have enough retirement funds no matter what life throws our way.
HERE ARE THE 17 THINGS MENTALLY STRONG PEOPLE DO
I’m not sure where I found this, but I’ve had it in my stack of stuff for a while. I’d like to share it with you today.
- They move on. They don’t waste time feeling sorry for themselves.
- They keep control. They don’t give away their power.
- They embrace change. They welcome challenges.
- They stay happy. They don’t complain. They don’t waste energy on things they can’t control.
- They are kind, fair, and unafraid to speak up.
- They are willing to take calculated risks. They weigh the risks and benefits before taking action.
- They invest their energy in the present. They don’t dwell on the past.
- They accept full responsibility for their past behavior. They don’t make the same mistake over and over.
- They celebrate other people’s success. They don’t resent success.
- They are willing to fail. They don’t give up after failing. They see every failure as a chance to improve.
- They enjoy their time alone. They don’t fear being alone.
- They are prepared to work and succeed on their own merits. They don’t feel the world owes them anything.
- They have staying power. They don’t expect immediate results.
- They evaluate their core beliefs and modify as needed.
- They expend their mental energy wisely. They don’t spend time on unproductive thoughts.
- They think productively. They replace negative thoughts with productive thoughts.
- They tolerate discomfort. They accept their feelings without being controlled by them.
Pretty powerful list. And good rules to live by.
MENTAL STRENGTH TO SEE YOUR PLANS THROUGH
No matter what you need mental strength for…………dieting, help with addictions, saving money, raising kids, work related issues, or saving for retirement, these 17 things could help you.
To me, it’s important to read things like this from time to time in order to get refocused. As humans, we tend to lose our focus. Whatever it takes to get us back to where we need to be, we should embrace and strengthen our mental approach.
We sure don’t want to be like Jerry Seinfeld in that episode. He was so mentally off that he actually went to get revenge on his heckler by heckling her at her office! It was a funny episode to be sure, but not really the type of thing we should be doing.
If you really want to make sure you have right ideas for moving forward in a positive manner, we will listen. We’ve been able to help families and businesses learn to use money wisely, and we’d like to help you too. We would be honored to visit with you about how to help you and your business. My number is 501-318-0010, or you can send me an email at email@example.com.
An hour of your time spent analyzing your situation might make a lifetime of difference
Arkansas Insurance Producer # 31978